Super Cleanse Salad
We really do give our bodies quite a flogging over time. Our modern day diet, lifestyle plus other environmental factors all contribute to the toxic load our systems take on.
So it’s important to allow these toxins to move out of our body and replenish it so it can be thriving on all levels. We can easily kick- start our natural cleansing mechanisms by ensuring we include food rich in natural compounds which support the liver.
Vegetables like bitter greens such as rocket, radicchio or watercress as well are great detoxifiers, as are brassica vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts. Beetroot and turmeric (fresh or powdered) are great to have in the mix too.
This Super Cleanse Salad is a great recipe to include in your repertoire and is a recipe which is included in my program, Break Though! To Feeling Fantastic in a Body You Love. Use the salad recipe as a base to throw on whatever protein you have hanging around. Things like sustainable tuna, slices of leftover steak, hardboiled egg all make tasty options.
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ celery, chopped
- ½ cup grated beetroot
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup white button mushrooms, halved
- large handful of parsley, chopped
- ¼ avocado
- 100gm roast chicken or ½ cup puy lentils
- Mix together-
- juice from ½ lemon
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toss dressing through salad
- Serve and enjoy!
- Remember to chew and eat slowly
- Are you dealing with daily sugar cravings, poor digestion, foggy brain, stubborn weight gain, skin problems, exhaustion and countless other conditions that you’ve learnt to just put up with? Then you need to try this simple cleanse that’s easy, delicious and fits in with the family!FIND OUT MORE!