‘Thrive’ Healthy Kids Program
Nothing is more precious than the health and well-being of our children.
It is every child’s birthright to have the greatest opportunity to enjoy life in robust health without chronic illness and it’s up to us to ensure this and do the best we can to support them when and if something does arise.
Our kid’s health is in our hands.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? –
✓ Are you overwhelmed with all the information about health and nutrition and not sure where to start?
✓ Are you ready to embrace positive nutrition but unsure how to implement it into your home?
✓ Do you feel frustrated with your fussy eaters?
✓ Are your children constantly getting sick with coughs and colds?
✓ Do struggle with your child’s behaviour? Are they restless, fidgety, impulsive, hyperactive, anxious or forgetful?
✓ Do they struggle to concentrate at school or on activities?
✓ Are you doing your best to raise a healthy family at home but find all your good work goes challenged or comes undone at social gatherings?
✓ Do you struggle to get well – balanced meals on the table?
✓ Do you want to give your kids the best start to life and empower them with knowledge and tools so they can live a vivacious and healthy life?
✓ Are you passionate about finding that balance between giving your children a healthy foundation without giving them food anxiety and fear around non wholefoods?
THIS 21 DAY COURSE “THRIVE – RAISING KIDS WHO LOVE
REAL FOOD” CAN HELP YOU.
The course was created by health coaches Alexx Stuart and Brenda Janschek.
Alexx Stuart is a certified health coach and mum and she’s determined to hand the world down to her little man in the best shape she can. She does this through her “Low Tox Life” website hub, a place to help people connect the dots between their health, the planet’s health, and the many delicious things we can do to care for the two together. She coaches, lectures and runs successful educational programs online. She’s determined to help change the health stats by empowering people with skills and knowledge and ensure that while on the road to progress, we’re having a great time – there are even cakes!
Brenda Janschek is a certified health coach, wellness blogger, recipe creator and passionate advocate for women’s and children’s health. Through her workshops/cooking displays, coaching, kids cooking classes, kitchen makeovers and ecourses, she inspires and empowers positive wellbeing in families across Australia and beyond. She is a busy mum of two and spends half her life as a taxi driver, ferrying them around to their extra curricular activities!
Together we have created a course to help answer all of the questions you ask us each day in our own communities. THRIVE is bursting with information to help you promote robust health and vitality through all the stages of your children’s life and will give you the tools to change your current picture in a deliciously positive way.
The reality of our kid’s health is bleak. Chronic disease amongst children has never been higher. Diabetes, auto-immune disease, chronic infections and diseases like cancer are on the rise. Intellectual and behavioural development are also being impaired and it’s time to turn things around – because there is SO much we can do as parents.
Studies show that nutrition has a greater influence over these factors than genes.
With knowledge comes power and THRIVE aims to empower you with the knowledge and nutritional skills to give your children the greatest opportunity to enjoy life in robust health, which should be every child’s birthright.
IN THIS PROGRAM YOU WILL LEARN:
• The role food plays in preventing and reversing disease
• The best foods to boost your child’s brain, gut and immune health
• Our up-to-date researched and recommended brands which promote optimum health
• Our top tips on how to handle even the fussiest of eaters
• How to become confident in feeding your family life giving, nutritious food at every meal, including snacks!
• The right way to read nutrition and ingredient labels; what to look out for and how you can teach your kids to have fun reading them too
• How to navigate negativity from the outside world
• The foods you need to ditch and the foods you need to enrich your pantry and fridge
• How to encourage and empower your kids to develop their own healthy habits
• Tips on how to save time and effort when cooking
• How to instill slow food values and mindful eating in your household
• How to turn the food your kids already love into a powerhouse of nutrient density
• How to achieve better physical, mental and emotional health for your family
• The importance of avoiding food additives and preservatives and the main offenders to look out for
• The biggest life-style and nutritional mistakes commonly made which lower children’s immune systems.
• How to recognise food allergies and sensitivities
• The common foods linked to Type 1 and 2 Diabetes, auto-immune diseases, skin issues and asthma.
• How to wean your kids off simple carbohydrates and sugars
WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO THE THRIVE PROGRAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• An email every second day covering the ‘topic of the day’ full of nutritional tips and information.
• Weekly meal plans containing our own familY’S best-loved, no-fuss recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, from some of our favourite recipe creators, including ourselves!
• Comprehensive pantry staple list with all our researched and recommended brands.
• Simple daily tasks to complete to help you implement positive, sustainable changes.
• Interviews with the best experts in their field focusing on specific topics we tackle during our course.
• Access to our private facebook group where you can connect with a likeminded and supportive community to discuss the topics as they roll out and share challenges, progress and ideas.
• Access to us, your health coaches, and our some of our experts, via the private facebook group where you will have all your burning questions answered.
You will receive a new topic every two days with that day’s learnings, additional resources, links, interview and tips for implementation as well as goal setting. This will pop straight to your inbox.
You will have full access to the support group on facebook for 60 days, to ensure you can keep supporting each other and that we can be there for you. All interviews will be available for 60 days also so there’s zero stress if you have to be away for a week here or there. Your pace. Your way.
What aged children is the course aimed at?
There will be information in all the modules than can e applied to any stage of childhood, from baby right through to teenage years.
Is there any specific for philosophy or diet recommended?
No. Real Food is the only ‘food’ recommended. There are notes within the meal plans for swap out suggestions for various intolerances and allergies. You can adapt and swap out things based on preference and dietary need.
So what do people think of Brenda and Alexx?
“Brenda is a leader in the health and wellness space due to her unrelenting commitment and passion. She inspires, not from standing on a pedestal, but by being one of us. A real life mother trying to the best for her family, and ours. Her awesome recipes are regulars in my kitchen. It’s inspiring to listen to Brenda’s nonjudgmental style and adapt the latest news into your family’s lifestyle.Brenda’s point of difference is her down to earth approach which is perfect for families.” Marla Bozic, Intergrative Nutrition Health Coach
“Brenda has taught our students all about healthy and nutritious food options and inspired a true love of food and cooking in the children at the Bronte Activity Centre. She not only ensures that they are eating well, but also that they are exposed to and educated about healthy, delicious foods. Her assistance and advice in regard to our menu and food preparation have made a huge difference to the quality of food we now serve our students. She gave us realistic suggestions for meals, and an in depth evaluation of he products available to suit our needs, which include a number of allergies and intolerances.” Ephy Davies, Bronte Activity Centre Co-ordinator
“Alexx, in one morning workshop, you had my sons eating zucchini, uncrumbed chicken, fresh herbs and cauliflower – 4 things they would never have touched in a million years until yesterday. Your way with the children and techniques you used to encourage exploration of new foods was just wonderful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart” Brooke, mother of 2 boys aged 8 and 10 who attended Alexx’s kid’s cooking workshop 2014.
“Brenda ran our cooking club in 2014 which became one of the most popular after schools clubs due to how Brenda engaged children in preparing delicious healthy foods. Brenda also helped our canteen cook with recipes and ingredients, which she approached with thoroughness and sensitivity, resulting in even healthier hot lunches for our students. She also conducted a workshop for our staff on the topic of healthy ingredients for classroom cooking which gave some wonderful insights for the teachers. I am completely impressed with Brenda’s manner with children and the clarity in which she explains her tips on healthy eating.” Bill Conway, Principal Montessori East
“Having had the pleasure of working with Alexx Stuart from the inception of her first course and each one since, as well as being an active member of her online communities, in my opinion there would be few people who could not benefit from investing time and money into her ecourses. As a member of her team of experts I have been witness to her diligence in research, her professionalism and her passion for sharing valuable and up to the minute, unbiased information in a simple, easily accessible and cost effective way. No jargon, no bias, completely inclusive regardless of your chosen way of living and eating.” Shalani McCray, Naturopath.
DR GINA MARTINS
SIMONE EMERY/ PLAY WITH FOOD
Simone Emery is a food technologist and children’s feeding expert with training in feeding therapy. She particularly focuses on fussy eating behaviours.
Sharing her own additive free journey to inspire change…because our children are worth it!
JENNY TSCHIESCHE/THE LUNCHBOX DOCTOR
Presenter and nutrition expert Jenny Tschiesche BSc Dip.M Dip.ION FdSc BANT is the founder of LunchboxDoctor.com
DR LEILA MASSON
Consultant Pediatrician and public health specialist focused on disease prevention through healthy nutrition and lifestyle.