Peanut Butter And Buckwheat Fudge Bites
Choose a natural 100 per cent peanut butter or make your own. Keep a stash in the freezer for unxpected guests or for a satisfying mid-afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1.5 tablespoons rice malt syrup or honey we used RMS
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder optional – we used some from Nutra Organics
- 1.5 tablespoons buckinis
Chocolate Icing (optional)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tabelspoons raw cacao powder
- – we added a tablespoon maple syrup
Combine peanut butter, rice malt syrup or honey, protein powder, if using, and buckwheat in a bowl and mix well. spooon into silicone moulds. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set. Remove from the moulds and, if using, dip into coconut oil mixed with cacao until coated. Set on a piece of baking paper for a minute. Trnasfer to an airtight container or freezer bag.
Store in the freezer for 4-6 weeks and enjoy chilled.
YOU CAN use silicon chocolate moulds for these – the are available from most homewares stores and some supermarkets, or press the mixture inot a loaf tin with some baking paper and cut into squares.