From My Kitchen
Guest Blog by Rachel Gorney
From My Kitchen inspired itself, it came to me and I rolled with it. I was jobless,
lifeless and From My Kitchen inspired me to live a life where I do what I love. I spent
some time last year rediscovering myself, I realized I didn’t know anything about
myself or what I wanted in life. I was in a career that I didn’t enjoy and was rather just
living in a mundane routine without thought. Taking time out has been best thing I
couldn’t have ever done. I discovered a lot about who am, what I want from life and
my true purpose. It exposed my love and passion for cooking and due to that “From
My Kitchen” was born.
From My Kitchen is a home cooking and catering business. All the ingredients are
100% organic, using only the finest natural products and super foods available. All
the products are sugar free, gluten free and vegan. From My Kitchen caters for
events, runs workshops for teenagers and deliveries snacks packs to the connivance
of your door. From My Kitchen also offers in house cooking days, cooking in your
own kitchen for any event or dinner based on your request.
CHOCOLATE ORANGE TRUFFLES
These a delicious sweet treat to put into your children’s lunch boxes for school or as
afternoon snack. They are nut free, gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan.
(Makes Approx. 12 Balls)
• 6 tbsp. Rolled quinoa
• 2 tbsp. Shredded coconut
• 1 tbsp. Cacao powder
• 1 tbsp. Grated orange zest
• 5 Dates, chopped
• 2 tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
• 2 tbsp. Raw honey
• 1 tsp. Chia seeds
• ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
• ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
• Cacao powder & desiccated coconut for coating
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix well so it forms a batter.
2. Test the mixture, if too dry had warm filtered water and combine in the food
processor. If too wet add a mixture of the dry ingredients and combine in the
3. From the batter, form small balls. Choosing your desired size. I like bite size
4. Roll the ball in your preferred coating.
5. Store in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer for up to two weeks.
We are so lucky that Rachel will be providing one of her yummy, healthy treats in the Plentiful Workshop take home gift bags in February!
Have a delightful day!