Banana Energy Balls
These banana bliss balls make for a naturally sweet and healthy snack. All you need to do is toss everything into a food processor, roll it into balls, and pop in the fridge!
Healthy fats, fibre and protein are all packed into these bite-sized treats which need no baking and take only 10 minutes to make!
These are perfect to give to your kids when they need a quick energy-boost or for when you might be feeling that mid-afternoon slump.
It’s no secret, I’m a fan of the energy ball, you might already have a favourite recipe from my blog like Cookie Dough Energy Balls, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, or perhaps my Raw Cacao Balls?
Banana Bliss Balls
- 1.5 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup macadamias or cashews or mix of both
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, raw honey or brown rice syrup
- small pinch sea salt
- dark chocolate chips optional but recommended
- Place all ingredients into high speed food processor/Thermomix and blend in high speed until combined and mixture starts to clump together.
- Roll into balls, press around 3 dark chocolate chips into each ball, rolls in coconut to coat.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, take a look at my new recipe ebook which is getting rave reviews, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes.
It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
If you make this recipe please do take photos and send them to me.