Banana Energy Balls
These banana bliss balls make for a naturally sweet and healthy snack. All you need to do is toss everything into a food processor, roll it into balls, and pop in the fridge!
Healthy fats, fibre and protein are all packed into these bite-sized treats which need no baking and take only 10 minutes to make!
These are perfect to give to your kids when they need a quick energy-boost or for when you might be feeling that mid-afternoon slump.
It’s no secret, I’m a fan of the energy ball, you might already have a favourite recipe from my blog like Cookie Dough Energy Balls, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, or perhaps my Raw Cacao Balls?
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favourite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
Banana Bliss Balls
- 1.5 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup macadamias or cashews or mix of both
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, raw honey or brown rice syrup
- small pinch sea salt
- dark chocolate chips optional but recommended
- Place all ingredients into high speed food processor/Thermomix and blend in high speed until combined and mixture starts to clump together.
- Roll into balls, press around 3 dark chocolate chips into each ball, rolls in coconut to coat.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, take a look at my new recipe ebook which is getting rave reviews, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes.
It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
If you make this recipe please do take photos and send them to me.