No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Do those two little words ‘No-Bake’ get anyone else super excited?!
Don’t get me wrong.
I love nothing more than a good old cooking and baking session in the kitchen when time is on my side.
But let’s face it, those times can be few and far between for us working mummas.
Which means I’m always on the lookout for short cuts in the kitchen.
When you can throw a handful of ingredients into a bowl, mix it around, roll it into balls, and stick it in the fridge, life starts to feel easier.
The inspo for these delicious balls of goodness came because my gal oh so does love ‘licking the bowl’.
Always proclaiming how much more she loves my Anzac Biscuits, before they go into the oven.
So why don’t I knock out an entire cooking step I thought, and do the raw thang using a few of our favourite ingredients?
And the No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball was born and they make a perfect little after-school energy snack or mama afternoon snack and when you’re in the heat of summer and it’s too hot to turn the oven on!
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw honey add a little more if needed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup dark choc chips or chopped 70% dark chocolate
- pinch sea salt
- Through all the ingredients into a food processor, except the choc-chips, and blend up to your desired consistency. We like ours not too smooth, just with a bit of texture left.
- If consistency is too dry to roll, add more melted coconut oil
- Once blended, add dark chocolate chips and fold through
- Pop a tablespoon of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball
- Once you have rolled all the mixture store the balls in the fridge
If you know someone who could use some inspo in the kitchen, please share this recipe with them and while you’re at it feel free to share my FREE breakfast ebook below : – )
There are more wholefood snack recipes in my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes ebook.
If you make my recipes please take photos and send them to me, or if you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. I get a total kick out of seeing you make my recipes.