It is always good to have a few quick and easy recipes available, and this recipe for ginger biscuits is certainly one that we’ve been using again and again.
These have a lovely strong gingery flavour with a darkness and hint of exoticness from the molasses and they really do go so well with a cup of tea in the winter time.
I’m obsessed with ginger and use it in so many of my recipes and if you read my post 3 Quickies with Ginger Plus 2 Recipes you’ll know why you should be obsessed with ginger too! Here’s my recipe for Ginger Snap Cookie Shapes if you’re after a fresher, lighter biscuit.
Are you following me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest?
And please SIGN UP TO MY FREE NEWSLETTER HERE to receive free recipe updates and special offers delivered to your inbox.
- 250 grams butter
- 180 grams rapadura or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsps ground ginger
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- pinch sea salt
- 380 grams wholemeal spelt flour or any flour of your choice
- Place the butter, sugar, maple syrup, molasses, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 8 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, salt and flour and mix for 20 seconds, speed 8.
- Knead for 2 minutes and allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- While it's cooling preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up and roll into balls. Place onto your baking trays and lightly flatten with a fork and bake for 11 minutes. Check cookies and if not too golden cook for a further 2-5 minutes.
- Allow the ginger biscuits to cool in the oven if you want them to go hard, or on the trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I hope you enjoy these Ginger Biscuits. If you try the recipe I’d love it if you could post a comment for me.
Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes eBookPacked with 40 delicious nut-free, sweet and savoury wholefood recipes your kids will love!Add to cart $14.95