Ginger Snap Cookie Shapes
The addition of lemon zest to these cookies will add a little zing to your step!
Once the sweet gingery aroma hits your nostrils, it will feel just like Christmas.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tspn sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- ¼ cup of coconut or rapadura sugar
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1-2 lemons, zested
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Line 2 trays with unbleached baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt.
- In separate bowl mix together the melted butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg and lemon zest.
- Pour butter and sugar mixture over the flour and mix together to form a dough. If dough is too wet add a little more flour, if too dry add a little water.
- Dust some flour over a clean and dry bench top. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1 cm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes of approx 20 +cookies laying on pre prepared baking paper.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cookies slightly darken and become fragrant.
- Lunchbox friendly
I love seeing the pictures of when you make my recipes, so please share them on my Facebook page or Instagram and tag #bjhealthandlifestyle.
Berleena has been the wonderful recipe developer helping me create a series of delicious recipes, here’s a bit more about her…
Berleena Eberle — Food Mindset Coach
Berleena specialises in helping her clients develop a healthy relationship with food and their body. Her clients know how to deal with food triggers, let go of guilt, identify cravings and make healthy eating simple again with nutrient-rich, real food. Berleena strips back nutritional confusion to develop an intuitive eating approach.