Pear and Ginger Crumble
Get cosy with this wonderful, warming Pear and Ginger Crumble.
Mother Nature helps us keep toasty in the colder months with the aid of heat producing spices like ginger and cinnamon which also make a perfect flavouring for autumnal and winter produce like pears.
The humble crumble is elevated by the combination of fresh, in season pears, with the warming spices and the buttery, oat topping that make this unpretentious dish burst with flavour and at the same time, soothe the soul.
Enjoy warm or cold for breakfast or dessert with cream, ice-cream and/or custard.
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, take a look at my new recipe ebook which is getting rave reviews, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes.
It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
Pear and Ginger Crumble
- 5 just ripe pears peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon peeled and freshly grated ginger
- 3/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground almonds or desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup rapadura sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Butter an 20cm x 25cm baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, ground almonds or desiccated coconut, sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter
- Rub the butter into the mixture until it’s a bit clumpy (get the kids involved!)
- Combine the sliced pear, lemon juice and ginger in the baking tin and sprinkle the crumble topping over the pears.
- Bake crumble until the pears are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe please do take photos and send them to me.
If you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook. I get a total kick out of seeing you bring my recipes to life.
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes here.