Raspberry Coconut Squares
To celebrate my new recipe ebook I’m sharing this recipe my kids are OBSESSED with!
I love filling my kids lunchboxes with fresh recipes and giving them something to look forward to at school at midday.
And it makes it all worthwhile when I hear my children say “I’m always excited to see what you’ve packed for my lunch, Mum!”
As a passionate home cook who believes in cooking simple recipes from scratch, I love creating tasty, nutritious recipes for my family and to share them with other parents.
As a mum, I relish the opportunity to nourish my children with home-cooked food, which means avoiding damaging additives like artificial flavours, preservatives, trans fats, and the refined sweeteners that are so common in processed, packaged food.
The 40 recipes in my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes ebook are designed to be prepared and cooked in advance.
Most of them can be made for dinner and doubled up, so for days afterwards you’ll have extra portions handy to throw into lunchboxes like a true lunchbox Ninja 🙂
It’s also amazing what goodies a Sunday sesh of a couple of hours can produce!
This recipe ebook is an ‘homage’ to kids everywhere who love eating, and who look forward to exciting and diverse lunches.
With over 200 lunchboxes to tackle every year (!), Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes was also created for the parents dreaming up a constant supply of delicious options to keep their children happy and satisfied, while ensuring they are receiving vital nutrients as they grow physically, emotionally and intellectually.
The Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes eBook is split into 3 sections
- My recommended lunch boxes, containers, drink bottles; my easy lunchbox system; and preferred ingredients
- 20 sweet recipes
- 20 savoury recipes
Plus a gorgeous photography to accompany each recipe.
I hope you’ll be inspired to create the simple, delicious recipes full of wholesome, real-food ingredients in your own home, helping your children to thrive and nourishing the whole family.
Enjoy these Raspberry Coconut Squares which is one of my kids’s favourite recipes included in the ebook.
- 250 grams butter, softened
- ½ cup rapadura sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- 1 ½ cups white spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal spelt flour1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup raspberry jam (I use St Dalfours)
- 1 – 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a square pan 20cm x 20cm pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar on high until pale and creamy (around 2 - 3 minutes).
- Beat in egg, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and milk and stir.
- Combine white flour, wholemeal flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and sea salt in a seperate bowl, add to the creamed mixture and fold in well.
- Place half the batter into the prepared tin and flatten using a wet butter knife.
- Spread the jam evenly over the base, then using wet butter knife carefully spread the remaining batter over the jam layer.
- Press the raspberries into the top of the batter and sprinkle generously with shredded coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before
- cutting into squares. Store in airtight container for 4 days.
If you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. I get a total kick out of seeing you bring my recipes to life.