Roast Pumpkin Dip
I love dips, but I must admit, I’m pretty picky about which ones I’ll eat.
I avoid most store-bought dips as they are full of processed oils, preservatives, sugar, and numbers.
Besides,, dips are so easy to make from scratch, literally taking no more than 10 minutes!
After receiving a massive pumpkin in my vegetable delivery box, I was determined to get inventive and spin a few pumpkin based recipes in ways I thought they might like #pumpkinhaters
I do love me a cooking challenge : – )
I’m happy to report big success with this pumpkin dip recipe, it went down as a perfect after school snack along side some vegetable sticks and wholegrain crackers and they loved it! It’s perfect to pack into lunchboxes too.
For 40 more scrumptious sweet and savoury recipes which are nut and refined-sugar free grab your copy of my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes recipe book here.
It pays to remember that even though kids may not like a particular vegetable one way, they may like it another. My kids are also happy enough to eat pumpkin when it’s this Pumpkin and Root Vegetable Soup, and paired with some garlic-y sourdough for dipping.
ROAST PUMPKIN DIP
- 500 grams pumpkin cut into 2 cm cubes
- 4 garlic cloves whole and unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain or Greek yoghurt
- ¾ cup Greek feta cheese
- ½ cup raw or roasted cashews
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place pumpkin and garlic on a lined baking tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and toss. Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Place pumpkin, yogurt, feta cheese, cashews, cumin, paprika, sea salt, cracked pepper, and coriander leaves into a food processor. Process until a smooth dip forms.
- Spoon into a small serving bowl. Serve with vegetable crudités, wholemeal pita triangles, or seeded crackers
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes recipe book here.
It contains 40 scrumptious sweet and savoury recipes which are nut and refined-sugar free.