Lunchbox Friendly Pesto
I simply adore pesto for it’s punchy flavour, versatility and it’s wealth of nutrients. It’s a great one for the lunchbox too!
Here are the favourite ways we enjoy it…
- Serve with vegetable crudités and Mountain Bread Chips
- Spoon over steamed green vegetables, fritters, chicken or fish
- Use as a dressing on salad
- Stir through pasta with some sustainable tuna and olives
- Spread on some sourdough with some feta, tomato and rocket
- Fold through scrambled eggs
- Serve on baked potato
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, take a look at my lunchbox recipe ebook, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes.
It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar-free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
Lunch-box Friendly Pesto
- 4-5 healthy bunches of basil or a mix of greens coriander, parsley, baby spinach or rocket
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or pepitas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 garlic clove
- Good squeeze of lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Put all the ingredients except olive oil in food processor or thermomix and blend to form a paste. Add olive oil and blend to preferred consistency.
If you make this recipe please do take photos and send them to me.If you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook. I get a total kick out of seeing you bring my recipes to life.
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes here.
Here are is another dip recipe for you to enjoy, Roast Pumpkin Dip and a round up of some of my favourite dips here.
Free Breakfast Recipe eBookAs far as breakfast cereal goes, I always say, “you may as well eat the box’, it’s probably more nutritious than what’s inside! Here are 5 things to think about before you reach for the boxed cereal in the supermarket.Download Now