Strawberry and Coconut Crumble
Crumble weather arrived back in Sydney this week, so I made a Strawberry Crumble on the weekend and each night we’ve been comforted by the rich, sticky strawberries topped with a toasty, tasty crust. It’s delicious served with cream, ice-cream or custard.
And yes, it’s my third crumble recipe on the blog so you could say #addicted
But seriously, I reckon it’s just about one of the healthiest dessert you can make, full of wholesome, real food ingredients like oats, butter, desiccated coconut, strawberries and just a small amount of natural sugar, all of which you can grab from my one-stop-favourite-shop, wholefood online store, The Wholefood Collective. Their prices are highly discounted and they stock all my favourite products!
And it’s great for breakfast, dessert and what a lovely little surprise it makes in the kiddies lunchboxes.
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, take a look at my new recipe ebook which is getting rave reviews, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes.
It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
- 750 grams strawberries, hulled and diced into quarters
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup rapadura sugar plus 1 tablespoon extra to mix with the strawberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced (a little extra if crumble appears a little dry)
- Coconut flakes, flaked almonds or chopped cashews or walnuts for topping (optional, but I like the added crunch it gives)
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Lightly grease a shallow baking pan.
- Mix strawberries with 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar and put into baking pan.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add butter and using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add vanilla extract and stir through.
- Sprinkle over strawberry mixture, pressing down slightly.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes, almond flakes or chopped nuts
- Bake for approx 20 minutes or until top is golden.
If you make this recipe please do take photos and send them to me.
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes here.