Summer Mango Coconut Cream
This smooth, creamy, slightly sweet cream is the perfect little cool-me-down on these long, hot, summer days.
The Summer Mango Coconut Cream is great for breakfast, or an after-school snack or I like to surprise the kids with one in their lunchboxes. For school, I just pour it straight into this insulated container and pop it into the fridge, and serve with the Crunchy Seed Granola from my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes ebook before packing it into their school bag.
Be sure to check out more delicious sweet snack recipes like Coconut Rough Cookies, Brownie Fudge, and Rustic Apple Slice, in my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes ebook .
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh, and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
Summer Mango and Coconut Pudding
- 700 gms of ripe mangoes Around 6 small or 4 medium
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 1/4 cups of coconut milk I used 1 x 270ml tin of Ayam brand
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- Peel the mangoes and slice the flesh off the stone, reserving some slices for decoration.
- Puree the remaining mango, vanilla essence and maple syrup in a blender.
- In a small saucepan heat the coconut milk near to boiling over med-low heat. Meanwhile, mix the arrowroot with a little cold water in a cuap
- Remove the milk from the heat and add arrowroot mixture, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Leave to cool.
- Pop arrowroot custard into blender with the mango puree, blend until mixed through.
- Spoon into individual bowls and chill
- Serve garnished with slices of fresh mango, banana slices, and toasted shredded coconut or homemade granola
If you make this recipe please do take photos and send them to me.
If you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. Otherwise, feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook. I get a total kick out of seeing you bring my recipes to life.
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes here.