Choc-Banana Nut Butter Smoothie
This smoothie is a fabulously nourishing option for breakfast which the whole family can enjoy
It may be hard to believe that this deliciously decadent Choc-Banana Nut Butter Smoothie is not only good for you, but beats any boxed cereal in the nourishment stakes.
This smoothie can be made with any nut butter you have on hand like 100% peanut butter (check for additives), almond butter, or our favourite is ABC (almond, brazil nut, cashew) butter. You can also turn this smoothie into ice blocks for a healthy refreshing summer treat. Simply pour the smoothie mixture into iceblock moulds and freeze.
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 2 bananas, chopped into large chunks, frozen
- 1tbsp nut butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pop all the ingredients into a high powered blender and blend on high speed until smooth.