It’s not so appealing to drink smoothies when it’s cold outside, unless it’s a delicious warming one like this one.
The warming spices in this creamy Gingerbread Smoothie provide so much comfort against the rain and cold. Not to mention it’s oh so nutrient dense!
It’s high in fibre, protein, and calcium, and a good source of vitamin C (banana) and iron (molasses and chia seeds), protecting our immune system and keeping us healthy and strong.
And because of the blended nature of smoothies they are really gentle on our digestion which makes it that much easier for our bodies to assimilate and utilise all the nutrients.
This Gingerbread Smoothie can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or packed in an insulated drink container and sent to school.
If you’re looking for some lunch inspiration, take a look at my recipe ebook, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes. It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
Most of the ingredients in this smoothie you can source from my one-stop-favourite-shop, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. Their prices are highly discounted and they stock all my favourite products!
Ingredients like …
- 1 cup milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt optional
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or 2 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 x 1 cm fresh ginger peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- pinch of allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender, blend for a couple minutes or until smooth
Some other warming recipes you might like