Easy Thermomix Brownies
What makes these brownies healthier than your average brownie?
These brownies have less sugar, no refined sugar and lovely wholemeal spelt flour making it a delicious, healthy option to satisfy those chocolate cravings.
As I write this I’m smack bang in the middle of home renovations and drowning in a sea of decision making which has stifled my creativity in the kitchen. Until a craving for brownies hit that is. For a moment I contemplated making my Hot Chocolate Cake with Honeyed Cream or Double Chocolate Banana Slab Cake, but something told me only a brownie would hit the spot.
I took the shortest route possible by throwing together a Thermomix version. Truth be known, I don’t use my Thermomix that much, but I do find it handy for quick desserts like these!
Most of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite-shop, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They offer amazing quality ingredients and value for money and they stock all my favourite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Here are most of the ingredients you’ll need:
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration take a look at my ebook, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes. It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved and take the guess work out of what delicious, healthy food to make your kids for lunch!
Easy Thermomix Brownies
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 220 grams brown, rapadura or coconut sugar
- 75 grams cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 75 grams white or wholemeal spelt flour or mix of both
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper with some overhang so you can remove easily once cooked.
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa powder into the Thermomix bowl and heat for 3 mins/70/speed 2.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs and mix for 35 secs/speed 4. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour and salt and mix for 4 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of bowl tand mix again for 3 sec/speed 5.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Cook for 25-30 mins. Check consistency with toothpick at 20 minutes. Remember to undercook slightly to avoid a cakey texture as the brownie will continue to cook whilst cooling and resting.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting up into squares.
If you make this recipe and share on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek.
Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook.