Easy Thermomix Brownies
What makes these brownies healthier than your average brownie?
These brownies have less sugar, no refined sugar and lovely wholemeal spelt flour making it a delicious, healthy option to satisfy those chocolate cravings.
As I write this I’m smack bang in the middle of home renovations and drowning in a sea of decision making which has stifled my creativity in the kitchen. Until a craving for brownies hit that is. For a moment I contemplated making my Hot Chocolate Cake with Honeyed Cream or Double Chocolate Banana Slab Cake, but something told me only a brownie would hit the spot.
I took the shortest route possible by throwing together a Thermomix version. Truth be known, I don’t use my Thermomix that much, but I do find it handy for quick desserts like these!
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration take a look at my ebook, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes. It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved and take the guess work out of what delicious, healthy food to make your kids for lunch!
Easy Thermomix Brownies
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 220 grams brown, rapadura or coconut sugar
- 75 grams cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 75 grams white or wholemeal spelt flour or mix of both
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper with some overhang so you can remove easily once cooked.
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa powder into the Thermomix bowl and heat for 3 mins/70/speed 2.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs and mix for 35 secs/speed 4. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour and salt and mix for 4 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of bowl tand mix again for 3 sec/speed 5.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Cook for 25-30 mins. Check consistency with toothpick at 20 minutes. Remember to undercook slightly to avoid a cakey texture as the brownie will continue to cook whilst cooling and resting.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting up into squares.
If you make this recipe and share on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek.
Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook.