Garlic Prawn and Pea Spaghetti
Boy, did the family ever tuck into this!
Word that it was Garlic Prawn and Pea Spaghetti for dinner spread like wildfire, culminating in a call of excitement from hubby who heard from my daughter that I was making it for dinner.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen dinner scoffed down so fast by the whole family ?
Hubby teamed it with a glass of his favourite white wine and I had to giggle when my son remarked “Well that dinner sure put Dad in a good mood”.
That’s the beauty of food. Hit the spot and it can be the most comforting, delicious, uplifting experience and pull anyone out of their grumpy day.
I felt oddly guilty with each gasp of praise, given this is probably one of the easiest, no-brainer dinners you could make in all of history.
Proving that simplicity and fresh flavours win out again.
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely (optional)
- ½ lemon, zested (optional)
- 24 prawns, peeled and tails removed (I paid the fish monger to do this step for me #lazy)
- 400 grams spagettini or spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Add peas in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, remembering to reserve 1 cup of the cooking water for later.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over low-medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and lemon zest. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- Add the prawns and cook on one side for a couple minutes, then gently turn and cook for another minute or until the prawns are tender.
- Add the pasta, peas, parsley and reserved water.
- Season with sea salt and lots of freshly cracked black pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a good lug of extra virgin olive oil and maybe even an extra teaspoon of butter stirred through each serving and extra black pepper!
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of my Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes recipe book here.
It contains 40 scrumptious sweet and savoury recipes which are nut and refined-sugar free.
Other recipes you might like to try for dinner Summer Baked Meatballs with Kale and Juicy Tomato Sauce or