Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken and Potato Curry
The slow cooker has got to be the working mum’s best kitchen appliance friend, right?!
When all you have to do is simply prepare the ingredients, add the liquid and flick on switch … that’s my kind of gadgetry!
Then you can get back to life while the slow cooker slowly simmers away to produce a meal of mouthwatering, melting tenderness.
I was so chuffed with myself coming up with this flavourful creation which my whole family applauded!
This Coconut Chicken and Potato Curry will definitely be making a regular guest appearances on the weekly meal planner.
Best part – it makes so much you won’t have to cook again the next night!
Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Potato Curry
- 8 chicken thighs chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 potatoes chopped into bite sized chunks, I used Desiree potatoes
- 2.5 cups chicken stock I used homemade
- 1 cup coconut milk I used 1 x 270ml tin Ayam brand
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or you can use 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 big handfuls green beans topped and tailed
- 1 large red capsicum sliced
- Coriander chopped
- Cashews for serving
- Cooked rice I used basmati rice
- Pop onion into the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by the potato and then the chicken.
- In a bowl mix the chicken stock, coconut milk, lime juice curry powder, garlic powder (or crushed garlic).
- Pour this over the chicken.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 3 hrs or low for 5-6 hours.
- One hour before cooking is complete pop in the green beans.
- Half and hour before cooking is complete pop in the capsicum.
- Serve with rice, extra squeeze of lime and top with coriander and cashews
If you know someone who could use some healthy dinner inspo, please share this recipe with them and while you’re at it feel free to share my FREE breakfast ebook below : – )
If you make my recipes please take photos and send them to me, or if you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. I get a total kick out of seeing you make my recipes.