Chocolate Orange Truffles
Who doesn’t love a chocolate orange combo?!
These truffles are healthy, full of nutrition and oh so good!
If you’re facing a slump in your day, the citrusy orange provides a nice little zesty, zingy uplift to carry you through.
These truffles have been so handy to just grab out of the freezer when we need a little pick me up, and my son has loved having them in his school lunch box too and they make a great nutrient-dense, filling healthy snack for kids.
Enjoy these Vitamin C packed party in a bliss ball!
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, take a look at my new recipe ebook which is getting rave reviews, Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes.
It’s packed with 40 delicious nut-free, refined sugar free sweet and savoury recipes which have all been kid-tested and approved!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 6 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 6 prunes, seeds removed (provides a fudge-ier consistency and has less sugar than dates)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (you can leave these out to make lunch box friendly)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon pepitas
- zest of 1 medium orange
- juice of half an orange
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is all blended and comes together. Roll the mixture into balls, roll through desiccated coconut and place in the freezer to set
If you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek. Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook. I get a total kick out of seeing you bring my recipes to life.
And remember, if you haven’t already, grab your copy of Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes here.