Vanilla Apple Chia Pudding
This gluten-free, dairy-free, Vanilla Apple Chia Pudding is the perfect make ahead breakfast or snack.
Which will keep you full and satisfied all morning long!
I didn’t add any sweetener to the recipe because the combination of coconut milk, vanilla and cinnamon makes it sweet enough. Especially with the addition of fruit when serving.
You can add your preferred milk, other dairy-free milk options include macadamia, hazelnut, almond and rice milk, and by all means try cow’s milk if you’re not dairy-free (always look for good quality though).
This recipe is great for the whole family with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in chia seeds which help lower risk of heart disease, balance hormones, and play a role in breast cancer prevention.
Research has shown that chia seeds can also positively impact insulin resistance, and the essential fatty acids protect the human brain and heart and help improve the function of the thyroid gland.
You’ll be happy to know that all of chia’s properties – from fibre, vitamin Bs to proteins, are essential, and do a mighty job of balancing your hormones naturally.
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
Vanilla Apple Chia Pudding
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk or half cup coconut milk and half cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium green apples sliced or chopped, then stewed in a little water and star anise (optional) for 5 minutes or until soft. Put some stewed apple aside for topping in the morning. Discard the water, and puree by hand or in a food processor
- Place the chia seeds in a jar and mix through the coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and apple puree
- Pop into the fridge overnight
- Serve in the morning with yoghurt, granola and some reserved stewed apples
If you know someone who could use some breakfast inspo, please share this recipe with them!
And please take photos and send them to me, or if you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek
Some other breakfast recipes you might like are Layered Rich Chocolate Chia Dessert and Strawberry and Coconut Crumble.
Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes eBook
Free Breakfast Recipe eBookAs far as breakfast cereal goes, I always say, “you may as well eat the box’, it’s probably more nutritious than what’s inside! Here are 5 things to think about before you reach for the boxed cereal in the supermarket.Download Now