Vanilla Apple Chia Pudding
This gluten-free, dairy-free, Vanilla Apple Chia Pudding is the perfect make ahead breakfast or snack.
And, it will keep you full and satisfied all morning long!
I didn’t add any sweetener to the recipe because the combination of coconut milk, vanilla and cinnamon makes it sweet enough. Especially with the addition of fruit when serving.
You can add your preferred milk, other dairy-free milk options include macadamia, hazelnut, almond and rice milk, and by all means try cow’s milk if you’re not dairy-free (always look for good quality though).
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk (or half cup coconut milk and half cup filtered water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium green apples, sliced or chopped, then stewed in a little water and star anise (optional) for 5 minutes or until soft. Put some stewed apple aside for topping in the morning. Discard the water, and puree by hand or in a food processor
- Place the chia seeds in a jar and mix through the coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and apple puree
- Pop into the fridge overnight
- Serve in the morning with yoghurt, granola and some reserved stewed apples
- I double this recipe so I have extras for the week, and make up ready- to -go jars for the whole family for breakfast and snacks.
And please take photos and send them to me, or if you share them on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek