Eggs are a fantastic source of protein…
I prefer to use pasture-raised organic eggs which have 2/3 more vitamin A, three times more vitamin E, seven times more beta carotene and twice the omega-3 fatty acids compared to commercially produced eggs.
They also have no hormones, antibiotics or pesticides.
I hope you enjoy these quick, easy, healthy & delicious little delights which are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack!
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
- 8 -10 eggs depending on size
- ½ -1 cup of milk
- 1 cup cheese grated cheddar, parmesan, crumbled feta
- Your preferred filling eg: chopped up ham spinach, kale, cherry tomato, mushrooms, herbs, feta, leftover rice, whatever takes your fancy!
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- In a measuring cup beat the eggs and milk
- Divide the egg mixture equally between the holes
- Add cheese to each muffins hole as well as your preferred filling
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from tray
- Suitable for freezing
Get the kids involved, a fun recipe for them to make
Wrap bacon or prosciutto into the muffin hole before filling with egg mixture.
If you make this recipe and share on instagram, remember to tag me @brendajanschek.
Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook.