Eggs are a fantastic source of protein…
I prefer to use pasture-raised organic eggs which have 2/3 more vitamin A, three times more vitamin E, seven times more beta carotene and twice the omega-3 fatty acids compared to commercially produced eggs.
They also have no hormones, antibiotics or pesticides.
I hope you enjoy these quick, easy, healthy & delicious little delights which are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack!
- 8 -10 eggs (depending on size)
- ½ -1 cup of milk
- 1 cup cheese (grated cheddar, parmesan, crumbled feta)
- Your preferred filling eg: chopped up ham, spinach, kale, cherry tomato, mushrooms, herbs, feta, leftover rice, whatever takes your fancy!
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- In a measuring cup beat the eggs and milk
- Divide the egg mixture equally between the holes
- Add cheese to each muffins hole as well as your preferred filling
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from tray
- Suitable for freezing
- Make a double batch to make enough to pack in lunchboxes
- Get the kids involved, a fun recipe for them to make
- Wrap bacon or prosciutto into the muffin hole before filling with egg mixture.
Otherwise feel free to pm me your photos via Facebook.