Anti – Oxidant Smoothie
When life is busy, smoothies are super-quick to make and are highly nutritious.
The better news is that, as a handy breakfast option for the whole family, they leave unhealthy breakfast cereals packed full of superfluous sugar and other nasties in their wake.
There are endless combinations you can try and enjoy, but this Anti-Oxidant Smoothie is a favourite recipe from my Break Through! 28 day Signature Cleanse program.
Free radical-fighting Vitamin C plays a leading role in this smoothie, and your immune system and energy levels will thank you almost as much as your taste buds.
All the recipes on our Signature Cleanse have been designed with balanced ratios of macronutrients to harmonise your hormones and help you feel satisfied for a few hours, to detox the build up of toxins in our organs, to reduce inflammation in the body, heal the gut and so promote positive, thriving health!
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can be sourced from my one-stop-favourite, organic wholefoods online store, The Wholefood Collective. They go to great lengths to ensure everything they source is amazing quality, they stock all my favorite products and I don’t even have to leave the house! Oh and the cherry on the cake is they donate profits to improve food security for vulnerable Aussies.
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 cup rasberries or blueberries blueberries make it sweeter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint
- mixed handful of cashews chia seeds and linseeds
- 2 tablespoons grass fed gelatin optional but awesome for all it’s incredible benefits to our skin, elasticity, wrinkles, cellulite, great for weight loss, teeth and hair and nails, digestion, arthritis just to name a few
- 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil to taste
- 200 mls coconut water or almond milk or filtered water
- Lots of ice optional
- Whizz all the ingredients in a blender and serve
You might also love these delicious recipes from our Break Through! Signature Cleanse: