Anti – Oxidant Smoothie
When life is busy, smoothies are super-quick to make and are highly nutritious.
The better news is that, as a handy breakfast option for the whole family, they leave unhealthy breakfast cereals packed full of superfluous sugar and other nasties in their wake.
There are endless combinations you can try and enjoy, but this Anti-Oxidant Smoothie is a favourite recipe from my Break Through! Signature Cleanse program.
Free radical-fighting Vitamin C plays a leading role in this smoothie, and your immune system and energy levels will thank you almost as much as your taste buds.
All the recipes on our cleanse have been designed with balanced ratios of macronutrients to harmonise your hormones and help you feel satisfied for a few hours, to detox the build up of toxins in our organs, to reduce inflammation in the body, heal the gut and so promote positive, thriving health!
- 1 cup rasberries or blueberries (blueberries make it sweeter)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint
- mixed handful of cashews, chia seeds and linseeds
- 2 tablespoons grass fed gelatin (optional but awesome for all it’s incredible benefits to our skin, elasticity, wrinkles, cellulite, great for weight loss, teeth and hair and nails, digestion, arthritis just to name a few)
- 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to taste
- 200 mls coconut water or almond milk or filtered water
- Lots of ice (optional)
- Whizz all the ingredients in a blender and serve