When life is busy, smoothies are super-quick to make and are highly nutritious.
The better news is that, as a handy breakfast option for the whole family, they leave unhealthy breakfast cereals packed full of superfluous sugar and other nasties in their wake.
Free radical-fighting Vitamin C plays a leading role in this smoothie, and your immune system and energy levels will thank you almost as much as your taste buds.
- 1 cup raspberries or blueberries, nb: blueberries make it sweeter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint or basil
- 1/2 cup mixed cashews, chia seeds, and linseeds
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin optional, l but awesome for all it’s incredible benefits to our skin, elasticity, wrinkles, cellulite, great for weight loss, teeth and hair and nails, digestion, arthritis just to name a few
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil optional but adds a good. healthy fat
- 200 mls coconut water or almond milk or filtered water
- Lots of ice
- Whizz all the ingredients in a blender and serve
You might also love these delicious recipes:
Ginger, Mint and Green Apple Smoothie
8 Nutrient Packed Smoothies for Dinner
Fresh and Raw Zucchini Noodle Salad
Easy Wholefood Lunchboxes eBook
May I ask what brand and where you buy your grass fed gelatin? I gather they’re all not the same.
Sure Rachel, I get Great Lakes brand from here :http://www.organicsonabudget.com.au/gelatin-collagen/?gclid=CNit4d27ytACFUpMvQod3m8AFQ /#aid=1572